Diploma Master Brewer
The Diploma Master Brewer is our flagship education, the most in-depth and scientific based education SSB offer. The education takes place at University of Copenhagen, where SSB teaches together with Department of Food Science. It is an intensive training of almost 500 lecturers building on a relevant bachelor or master.
Technical staff from the brewing and beverage industry or related supplier/service organisations.
Master students in Food Science and Technology at University of Copenhagen who has chosen the specialisation ‘Brewing Science and Technology’.
A Bachelor or a Master degree in food science, chemical engineering, pharmacy, chemistry, biology, biotechnology or similar qualifications.
The education consist of six modules and forms a part of the master specialisation in ‘Brewing Science and Technology’ at University of Copenhagen.
1. Raw materials incl. malting technology
2. Brewhouse with wort production technology, chemistry, analyses, calculations, recipe development and pilot brewing
3. Fermentation technology, microbiology and chemistry, tanks- and pipe systems, cleaning and disinfection
4. Beer processing incl. filtration
5. Packaging technology and quality
6. Utilities incl. process control, resource management and maintenance
The education requires 9 months of documented practical experience
Students from the industry can take each module individually over up to 5 years by applying directly to the Scandinavian School of Brewing. We strongly recommend to take the modules in the order of the proces.
Wolfgang Kunze: Technology Brewing and Malting
Knud-Erik Pedersen: Packaging Line Companion
The venue is University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 40, 1958 Frederiksberg C.