The Certified Brewer is building upon our Diploma Craft Brewer education. The education takes place at University of Copenhagen together with the Master Brewer education. The syllabus of the Certified Brewer is half of the Master Brewer and the focus is on the technological aspects of brewing.
Diploma Craft Brewers who needs further knowledge due to the increase in complexity when capacity grows.
The Diploma Craft Brewer or similar or 6 months of practical work in a brewery.
The education consist of six modules containing half the syllabus of The Diploma Master Brewer:
1. Raw materials
2. Brewhouse with wort production technology, analyses and calculations
3. Fermentation technology, microbiology, tanks- and pipe systems, cleaning and disinfection
4. Beer processing incl. filtration
5. Packaging technology and quality
6. Utilities incl. process control, resource management and maintenance
The education comprises an individual project work.
You can take each module individually over up to 5 years. We strongly recommend to take the modules in the order of the proces.
Wolfgang Kunze: Technology Brewing and Malting
Knud-Erik Pedersen: Packaging Line Companion
The venue is University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK-1958 Frederiksberg C.